Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Klyarn]
Discord Id - Klyarn

Previous Characters - None
Character Name - Klyarn de Korbath - Rarely gives his full name
Character Race & Sub-Race- Human, Nordic Type, Traveller
Character Description - Looks 30-ish, Shaven head and blond/grey beard. Rather muscular without being bulky. Tall, (6'1 / 1m87), steel grey eyes and his face is newly tattoed with runes.
Previous World: Loosely interpreted old norse history

Shard Plot Line (Strengths & Weaknesses) - He is a Magic User who had a Warrior's education. This being both a strength for its versatility and a weakness from the lack of mastery. Klyarn is an ambiguous individual. He is rather reserved, mostly friendly and respectful to all by default. At times, when he deems it necessary he can be utterly ruthless which contrasts rather violently with his usual good nature.
Special Role-play Ability - None

Backstory - Klyarn says he was the son of a Jarl. He was first in line for the succession, however he refused it and convinced his father to be passed on for his little brother's benefit. Back home, magic disposition was a rarity. Those with magic did not have the choice and were meant to become Seers. A life Klyarn did not want for himself. He had to hide his magic and go through a Warrior's training as well as lessons from his father to prepare him for the succession. After the death of his father and his wife, when his brother became Jarl, Klyarn did not have much of a future back home and left. He walked days and days through the mountains & the forest until one morning, he woke up in Summer Isles.

Fact that can be noticed during Roleplay: He often keeps a reasonable distance, seems uncomfortable with public display of affection and "might" stiffen when touched by a woman.
Interesting story, I look forward to seeing where his RP leads! Just out of curiosity, did you miss the Alternate Graphic question, or not want one?

Thumbs up, pending this clarification
(10-05-2020, 01:47 PM)Raindancer Wrote: Interesting story, I look forward to seeing where his RP leads!  Just out of curiosity, did you miss the Alternate Graphic question, or not want one?

Thumbs up, pending this clarification

Thank you!

As for Alternate Graphic, I didn't want one. It would not make a lot of sense for Klyarn to have one as he is a human with no shapeshifting abilities.

I might add (because it will most likely lead to some interesting RP interactions) that he is very wary of the majority of shapeshifting and sub-races as he never encountered those back home. He will especially be cautious around creatures of death that will remind him of draugrs (thinking of you, vampires!). This, of course might change over the course of the Kly's life on Sanctuary as behavior & knowledge have to be dynamic, but as it is, it will be his "vanilla" behavior.

Hope it clarifies it!
It does, thank you for the clarification and the extra little glimpse into Klyarn's mind! Thumbs are now emphatically up!
Thumbs up. I thought i had thumbed yesterday but it seems i didnt tap the 'post reply'
approved
Topic Options