Noemi

Character Race & Sub-Race
Muiri, probably mix breed of Erlkin and Huldra

Alternate Graphic
Sheep with dark brown color change

Character Description 
Human form:
Skin- Pale brown
Hair- Dark chestnut, almost black.  Long, kinky curly crazy, frequently full of dirt and leaves.
Eyes- Amber/green
Build- Short and full figured, with a long, round nose and plump cheeks.

*If I could, I would give her human form horns, and if you know of a way to do this, please let me know.  I read on the website that there is a bear mask for players wanting to play as a werebear, but I don’t know if there is a similar wearable item with horns. 

Sheep Form:
Robust for a sheep, with long, kinky locks of dark chestnut wool, curly brown horns, and cloven feet. In her human form, she has a habit of adorning herself with bits and baubs, strings of beads and snatches of feathers, and so these can often be seen wound up in her wool.

Shard Plot Line (Strengths & Weaknesses)
Noemi is more at home in nature than at court, and yet her sharp intuition and knowledge of plants has given her abilities with medicine and fortune telling.  She is also quite deft with her hands, and has a knack for slipping out of sight when least expected.  As such, she would make a fine medicine woman, soothsayer, wise woman, or even a spy, and might do very well as a court advisor.  However, she lacks refinement and social grace.  As an elemental, she’s not evil, but she's not good, either.  She don’t care what you think.  She can be quite blunt at times, especially when dealing with the truth, and her ways may seem uncanny or chaotic to those not of her own race. 

Special Role-play Ability
Noemi is not a human, and doesn’t always fit into the human world as expected.  However, she is not wild animal, either, and so doesn’t feel as at home in the deep wilderness as perhaps some of the Muiri do.  Therefore, she tends to skirt the borders of both worlds, preferring neglected farmland and other liminal spaces, often falling asleep in hedgerows as the need arises.

Edit: Noemi is a gifted healer and fortune teller.  Always on the outside looking in, she has a knack for discernment that borders on the spiritual.  She is the quiet watcher that sees more than meets the eye, even though she herself often goes unnoticed.  

Previous World
Noemi is from an alternate version of Romania around the 1250’s, because Rp-wise, I’m probably more familiar with that time and place than other parts of medieval Europe. 

Backstory 
Too Long?  Don’t want to read it?  That’s okay. 
Cliff notes. 
1. Abandoned as a child. 
2. Raised by gypsies.
2. Had a dream. 
3. Woke up in Sanctuary. 
You’re welcome.

Noemi was found as an infant in a field by a Szekely sheep herder.  Due to her diminutive size and darker coloration, it was assumed she had been abandoned there by one of the passing gypsies.  She was handed over to a Romani woman to raise, and so became familiar with a transient life.  She learned their trade and their so-called magical ways, and yet never seemed to quite be able to assimilate with the other members of the caravan.  An outsider among outsiders, she never quite felt comfortable in her own skin, though she didn’t know why. 

Then, one night, she had a dream that she was approached by a shadowy, horned figure in the forest.  At first, she thought to herself, ‘Oh, great, this is going to be a nightmare’, but instead, the figure calmly approached her holding a light, and she wasn’t afraid.  He led her down a path, and they spoke, and though the things they talked about seemed important at the time, afterwards, she couldn’t remember what had been said.  The only thing she could recall later was that the figure had led her to a door set among the trees, and he had asked her if she would like to know the truth about where she had come from. The way would be difficult, he had said, and going back to her old life would be much simpler, but perhaps she would finally feel complete. 

She chose the door.  When she awoke, she was in Sanctuary, and for a time was convinced that in her old world, she had died.  That was a week ago.  Now she isn’t so sure.  Everything here seems so much more real and alive.  Magic- real magic- is palpable and much closer at hand.  Under its influence, she discovers she has the ability to cloak herself with a form that sits much closer to her true nature: the black sheep.  She suspects she may be one of the Muiri, one of the native races of this place, but how can that be?  Unless... this really is the world she had come from originally.  But how had she as an infant come to find herself in a world that wasn’t her own? Who was it who had taken her there, and why?
Hey Maggie! I like your application. Well done! Before thumbing I wish to talk to you about some things

I wish to clarify you can always rp having the horns there, it would give her a look like the fey folk from Cursed. in example.
Also, your roleplay ability isn't that much of what we intend as a rp ability. That is more related to her personality, while the rp ability is supposed to be something that isn't possible to be expressed in the mechs.

You might want to think of something else. But I am already eager to meet miss Noemi
Hey Maggie! Love the app, currently having a mental fight to keep Sorina from adopting her! LOL

As far as horns in your human form are concerned, we have a WYSIWYG rule (What You See Is What You Get). You could possibly wear an orc helm or horned helm to convey horns, or seeing as she has very curly hair, maybe the horns are on the smaller side and hidden among the curls unless you look really close. I like the edited RP Ability, and her Strengths & Weaknesses look right on track! One minor note, the Erlkin and Huldra are native races, and while she may resemble them physically, as a Traveler it's unlikely she would share their bloodline. But they're Fae, who knows? LOL!

Still a good app overall! Thumbs up!
Thanks Rain. My thinking was that at some point in the past, Noemi had been taken from her homeland of Sanctuary and brought to this alternate version of Earth, where she then grew up without being able to remember she had ever belonged anywhere else. Whether she was abducted, or her parents took her there to hide her, or to flee from something, or whatever, we don't know. We also don't know why Pan wants her to find out the truth about herself, but possibly it has something to do with 'gathering in the flock', so to speak, like a lost lamb. Possibly, it's because he can't use her as an instrument if she doesn't have use of her powers.
Another possibility: she was hidden away in the "other" world to keep her safe from The Thorn King
I like your thinking.
great app, thumbs up
thumbs up
approved as a Huldra, character doesn't fit the erlkin
Topic Options