Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Healthy Living
I'm bringing out cooking thread back since we started doing it in chat last night.

White Spinach Lasagna - Keto
Based on this pin: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/493073859204850237/

How I made this:  Brown ground turkey, sautéed onions.  Layer turkey, Bertolli Alfredo sauce, onions, diced green peppers, canned green chilis, shredded Colby and spinach.  Repeat for layers, finish with Colby, bake in oven.

The canned green chilis made it taste a lot like a cream sauce enchilada, was excellent.
Keto Tikki Masala

Step One: Make the Spice.
This makes a lot of spice and can be used for months if sealed.

1. 3T coriander 
  2. 2T garam masala (this is a spice mix that can just be made as well)
  3. 1t cardamom ground 
  4. 1t cinnamon 
  5. 1T cumin 
  6. 1t black pepper 
  7. 4T paprika 
  8. 1t turmeric 
  9. 1t nutmeg 
  10. 2t dark chili powder
Step Two: Chicken
I made this for 4 people.

3 chicken breasts cut in chunks, marinated in some tandoori seasoning for at least an hour.
Bake the chicken until its a little dried out and partly cooked
I do mine in my instant pot because I have an oven option on my Ninja Food.

Step Three: Sauce
Make the sauce in a pan:
Half a stick of butter
1/4 cup of seasoning or more!  (If you want to add more at the end, make sure to fry it in butter before hand)

Cook the seasoning in the butter until its very fragrant.
Add 1 diced onion and let cool till translucent
Add 1T of ginger paste

Add 1 can to tomato paste
and 2-3 cups of heavy cream
Put the chicken back in to the sauce and let it simmer

Serve over cauliflower rice
You can also fry/crisp the rice in curry butter
Keto or Not Keto Gumbo

One of the biggest challenges with Gumbo is making the roux and then baby sitting the bitch.  This uses a restaurant method for making gumbo and its far more fool proof and can be made keto friendly.  The trick is to make the roux at the end, which means you can make this as a normal "soup" and save it in the fridge then make it into gumbo later.

Soup Pot of your size preference.  You can do this in a slow cooker or a pressure cooker with no worries of burning or getting the measurement of the roux incorrect.  You can even put the chicken and sausage in frozen.

1 breast Chicken to
2 Andouille Sausage (ratio)

1/2 each of diced onions, peppers and celery

Put in soup pot and cover with water.

At 1/2 Table spoon of Gumbo Seasoning (below)

Let this cook for ever, at some point the chicken will break down and the sausage can be taken out and diced and put back in.

When you are ready to serve either make your roux and add it

Or 
Microwave some cauliflower until its cooked but a bit dry
Take out a good portion of the gumbo broth and a cup of expresso coffee (or coffee flavoring)
Then add to the cauliflower
Use an impulsion blender to make a very thick paste
Add it back into the gumbo and serve over rice/cauliflower rice

This works much better then trying to make roux with almond flour
Grilled Portobellas

Ingredients
    • 4 portobello mushrooms, stems removed
  • For the marinade:
    • 1/2 cup dry white wine
    • 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
    • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
    • 1 tablespoon olive oil
    • 4 cloves garlic, minced 
Instructions
    1. Place the portobellos gills up in a rimmed baking sheet.
    2. Mix all the marinade ingredients together and spoon over the portobellos. Let marinate for at least half an hour, spooning marinade back onto the mushrooms every ten minutes or so.
    3. Place the mushrooms gill side down on the grill. Close lid and let mushrooms cook for about 3-5 minutes, lifting the lid to baste shrooms with marinade every few minutes.
    4. Flip mushrooms over and cook for about 3 minutes. Turn the mushrooms 90 degrees to make cross hatched grill marks; cook for about 3 more minutes. Your cooking time may vary depending on the size of your portobellos and the temperature of your grill. You know the mushrooms are done when you press on the center with tongs (where the stem used to be) and it’s very soft and juicy.
    5. Remove from heat and let rest for about 5 minutes. This lets the flavors develop a bit and the juices taste even yummier when they are just a little bit cooled down. You can use this time to slice your bread and prep the veggies.
Topic Options