Aradel Loren
Discord ID

Ovadya|Ethan

Previous Characters

Cynric Degenhard, Ovadya al-Shaanan, Shor, Ethan Alkalai

Character Race and Sub Race 

Aelfeyn

Alternate Graphic

Chicken - Aradel has cultivated the appearance of non-descript hen to appear inconspicuous while observing the happenings in Caerleon and Carigsay.

Character Description

When one sees Aradel they are immediately reminded of a lighthouse. Thin and wiry, as tall as 7 foot, and eyes clear enough to light up a room. Green and blue mixed together. Graying features with a thin face and high forehead. 

Shard Plot Line (Strengths and Weaknesses)

Strengths: Well connected in Emlyn, strong organizationally, magically inclined and likes to explore the catacombs to discover what wonders it still holds, eccentric

Weakness: Unreliable socially, tends to act foolishly in front of foreign dignitaries, mentally unsound on occasion, alcoholic, eccentric.

Special Role-play Abiliity 

Deleted one for the other:

After dinner speaker: Aradel has the ability to distract, unfocus, frustrate, bore, occupy, cow, and coerce NPCs which listen to him through long meandering speeches and discursive conversations. Only heroes of epic quality find the means by which to tolerate his words, interrupt his flow, and cut through the rhetoric.

Previous World

Aradel has been here the full ten years. His previous world was cold, barren, nearing the end of its geological age where it would sustain him or his people. In an attempt to find a reprieve from extinction, they sought to walk the paths between the worlds. But as he did so he became separated from his people but listening to a voice call him through the void. That's how he ended up here and, the intelligent man he is, started working immediately as a master of magic and council. 

Backstory 

His is the strangest of stories. Arriving years ago to find himself separated from his people, he soon made a name for himself, taught mages, regents, and future queens what he know of the world. Soon he too found himself called to serve in the highest of offices in his adopted homeland. But sometimes stress is a killer that giants and dragons can not be and he soon cracked under the pressure. 

While still retaining the title of estate holder, Aradel now is seen more as an eccentric fop, a weird left over of an era of instability in Emlyn's history made more evident in its oddity by the contrast of Maeve's strength. But there's still a clever intelligence, a wit and agility that his age would hide beneath those piercing eyes.
*laughs* Oh he sounds great! Personally, I'd pick Ability #1, as #2 seems more like a personality quirk than an "ability," per say. Either way, love it!
Aww I love him Ova it's a thumb up from me X,D
(now I can do this!) Thumbs up!
Approved
Topic Options