Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Precision w/ 1 handed weps
Last night I was hunting for hours and hours using a 1 hander spamming the lightning strike ability for precision.. My skill was stuck at 73.8 and I wasn't able to raise it at all since the new update last night. It's the only ability I can really use right now until I get 75 precision. Not sure if It's because I am using a 1 hander? Thank you for taking a look into this!

*update*
Just to add an update to this.. I was able to get my slow passive gains and once I reached 75 precision and able to use confidence ability things have been seeming to raise normal.. I'm wondering if the lightning strike i was using at 70ish skill was perhaps not triggering the skill gain? Sorry for this hard to follow post!
I just want to double check something -- if you could, please use lightning strike a few times in combat, and watch your journal. Please confirm that you are getting both of these messages when using the ability/attacking:
"You take careful aim at your target"
"You attack with lightning precision!" <-- This message only appears on successful hit

Also, approximately what level were your other combat skills at the time you posted this?

You only get a skill check if you use the skill AND your next hit lands, which may in itself need fixing. But I wonder if you were really unlucky and kept missing...

Edit: We DO need to add a skill check even if you miss after using the skill.
Ok, did some testing: Even if you miss, you will use the skill on the next successful hit and will get a skill check. So as long as you hit at least once after using the skill, you'll get a gain. One-handed vs two-handed doesn't make a difference.

I have confirmed that using lightning strike does trigger skill gain regardless of what weapon you have. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be seeing gains other than bad luck with the skill check timer. You can have up to 5 skills training at once, so if you had weapon-related skills training it might have kept bumping precision off.

So, I'm going to close this.
Topic Options