Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saving your favorite RP Spells!
In the process of redesigning the magic system, we will be reducing the number of spells in each system -- there is a lot of redundancy and bloat, but I want to make sure we keep those RP spells that fit the five type of skills.  

(For those of you who were part of the discussion yesterday, there was another shift in design once I sat down and started putting it on paper.  This is my current design.)

I will ignore/delete any suggestions/requests for combat spells, as that is not what I'm working on right now.  
I want those CURRENTLY EXISTING spells that you use for role-play OUT of combat. 

Evocation
This system will be primarily direct damage, some target-based, some AOE. This system is for the battlemage and is primarily aligned with vire magic.
  • RP Spell 1
  • RP Spell 2
  • RP Spell 3

Inflextion
This system will be primarily crowd-control. This system is for the air bender type of mage.
  • RP Spell 1
  • RP Spell 2
  • RP Spell 3

Druidry
This system will be beneficial spells, including protections, heals, and buffs.  This system, as it name suggests, is for the Druid and Earth Witch and will be primarily aligned with the element of earth.
  • Shapeshifting (Animal/Plant Forms)
  • RP Spell 2
  • RP Spell 3

Mysticism
This system will be caster centric auras with a broader range of applications, as it will be mostly support but with a low damage spell and cooldown crowd control.  Mysticism will become more powerful when other mystics are round.  This system is most closely aligned with water and is for the mystic, spell weaver and water witch.
  • Power Pulse: if near an arcane circle will animate pulse with other magic users.

• RP Spell 2
  • RP Spell 3

Vahonomancy
This system will be primarily summons (using creatures for combat like taming, will take up taming spots).  This system is for those who are role-playing necromancers, demon summoners, spirit shamans, etc.
  • RP Spell 1
  • RP Spell 2
  • RP Spell 3
How about shape shifting. Like ninja can turn into different animals/polymorph but with more function and abilities. Obv I dont know about the programming. But it seems like the ninja morphs give you a skill like poison resists, or increased movement speed, maybe you could make it give you increased stats or skill so they are balanced. It could fit into druidry to shift into a bear form or something and get a lot of extra HP/defenses ect. Would also double as RP friendly and win win.

EDIT: How about druidry summon flowers on the ground that you can pick and give to somebody as a gift.
-Evocation - summon fireworks? for a big celebration or fun stuff.
-Vahonomancy rp spell create a blood pentogram on the floor that you can use to rp around and do dark bdsm stuff.

No combat value to the RP spells ~ Lara
7/1/20 -- grabbing the firework idea! ~Lara
(06-13-2020, 11:35 AM)Lara Wrote: In the process of redesigning the magic system, we will be reducing the number of spells in each system -- there is a lot of redundancy and bloat, but I want to make sure we keep those RP spells that fit the five type of skills.  

(For those of you who were part of the discussion yesterday, there was another shift in design once I sat down and started putting it on paper.  This is my current design.)

I will ignore/delete any suggestions/requests for combat spells, as that is not what I'm working on right now.  
I want those CURRENTLY EXISTING spells that you use for role-play OUT of combat. 

Evocation
This system will be primarily direct damage, some target-based, some AOE. This system is for the battlemage and is primarily aligned with vire magic.
  • Wildfire (Ground selectable and useful for RPing fire) 
  • Fire Field (Useful for controlling movement or escaping RP wise)
  • Fire Elemental (I've used it to RP a flame elemental servant) Grabbed ~ Lara

Inflextion
This system will be primarily crowd-control. This system is for the air bender type of mage.
  • Paralyzing field (Control of air to suspend moment)
  • Teleport (Use of air to move about the battlefield)
  • Air Elemental (Same as above, a temporary NPC servant)

Druidry
This system will be beneficial spells, including protections, heals, and buffs.  This system, as it name suggests, is for the Druid and Earth Witch and will be primarily aligned with the element of earth.
  • Nature's Fury (Obvs)
  • Stone Wall
  • Earth Elemental (Same as above)
Mysticism
This system will be caster centric auras with a broader range of applications, as it will be mostly support but with a low damage spell and cooldown crowd control.  Mysticism will become more powerful when other mystics are round.  This system is most closely aligned with water and is for the mystic, spell weaver and water witch.
  • Dispel
  • Reveal
  • Energy Field
Vahonomancy
This system will be primarily summons (using creatures for combat like taming, will take up taming spots).  This system is for those who are role-playing necromancers, demon summoners, spirit shamans, etc.
  • Summon Fey (Honestly it's a toss up  which but the summons tend to be abundantly useful for RP depending on context)
  • Summon Creature
  • Summon Fiend
I hope i got the right idea, i tried to associate already implimented spells in the game as rp flavor perks

Evocation

Polymorph - Fire elemental form
Cleanse by Fire - cure poison for rp healers

Inflextion
Polymorph - Wind Elemental
Cleansing Winds https://wiki.stratics.com/index.php?titl...sing_Winds

Druidry
This system will be beneficial spells, including protections, heals, and buffs.  This system, as it name suggests, is for the Druid and Earth Witch and will be primarily aligned with the element of earth.
Shapeshifting (Animal/Plant Forms)
Dryad Allure

Mysticism
This system will be caster centric auras with a broader range of applications, as it will be mostly support but with a low damage spell and cooldown crowd control.  Mysticism will become more powerful when other mystics are round.  This system is most closely aligned with water and is for the mystic, spell weaver and water witch.
Power Pulse: if near an arcane circle will animate pulse with other magic users.
polymorph water elmental
waterfall

Vahonomancy
This system will be primarily summons (using creatures for combat like taming, will take up taming spots).  This system is for those who are role-playing necromancers, demon summoners, spirit shamans, etc.
summon deamon
summon horde minnion
Ethereal Voyage - maybe tweaked to mass teleport to key rp hubs like sacred grounds
I don't really understand what this post is asking for. But I would like to see Polymorph stay, as it has no actual mechanical value. But I would also like to suggest it be toggled by casting, so the form doesn't randomly undo in the middle of RP.

[Image: Raewyn-Signiture.jpg]
Few ideas:

Polymorph
under all types. As all ready been suggested, it would be great if it lasted until used again. 
I'd prefer Polymorph to stay more universal, but it would be as it is planned, probably good idea to just add any and as many requested shapes as humanly possible that are related to theme of spell system... Meaning, some types of shapes under all types of spells. 

Incognito - could be a very interesting spell to RP, just currently lacks duration. I would like to see it as toggle or at least with significantly expanded duration. Are Disguise Kit's in game? Those are same idea, but a bit different approach. Could be crossed together when implementing, because originally Disguise Kit were more flexible than spell it self. (Inflextion or Evocation?)

Animate Undead - Outside of obvious combat usage, it has one RP ability that is often overlooked. It has ability to animate dead horse into Hellsteed/Skeletal Steed that necromancer can ride... Just a horse, but definitely dead. Too bad they die again due to negative health regeneration in about 2-5 minutes... living is tiring, it seems. Many necromancers would sell their soul twice to get that steed stay with them until proper death parts them. Maybe something can be done about that? (Vahonomanncy)

Summon Familiar - It would be nice if familiars would remember their names you give them after they disappear. Now they reset to default name after each summon. (Vahonomanncy)
About the only spell I use for RP purposes outside of combat or travel, is Bless.  If it were more easily available, I would probably use the Deception-style shapeshift as well on one or two characters.
The only spell I really frequently use for RP purposes is Dryad Allure as a sort of charm.

Edit:
Probably for Druidry.
I would like to add lich form to the Rp spells as part of the Vahonomancy. It has some mnour function in combat but it is a cool looking graphic and might be fun to rp around.
Topic Options