Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Into The Unknown
A strange encounter in town today, a large feminine serpent was working around the smithy. Fear had me stuck in place for an hour or more, as time passed the initial fright turned more to curiosity, but I wasn't letting my guard down. It seemed she was just going about her business, as I was and I could have sworn I heard her sigh at some point. I left her there and headed to the coast, maybe I should have said hello, but the fact that she could crush me without looking up from the forge was probably a good reason not to.

Now I sit on the beach, looking out over the sea, like many evenings before. But this time it is different, I have made up my mind to leave Evervale and discover what lay over the horizon, maybe even find answers about my past. As darkness rolls I ride Marron to the stables, tuck him in for the night and head over to the square to finish an order before calling it a night. A rather tough looking fellow is there working on his armour, we awkwardly exchange greetings as I finish up my work for the night.

At Talos' shop, I head up to my room. It's hard to sleep at first, the excitement of the journey is quite overwhelming, but slowly I feel myself getting lighter and drift off.

A loud clacking of boots on a stone floor, darkness, light through a curtain. Peering through, the darkness gives way to an elegant hall, down which a figure walks, dressed in finery. Outside, a rooftop, lamp light raising up from the cobbled streets below, running towards the edge.

The sunlight wakes me. I try to hold on to fragments of a familiar dream, but they fade away in the daylight. 

After a large breakfast I exchange emotional goodbyes with Talos and Hailey then head down to the dock. I find a ship heading for a city called Drokkburg and it isn´t long before the only home I remember is fading into the distance.
Topic Options