Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reagents (Notes for Now)
Goal:

I would prefer that all of the reagents for the spell casting systems be available from one or more of the resource gathering skills.  Having to mob farm, or NPC buy reagents doesn't work well on a small shard for a variety of reasons, and I liked how it worked on Grimmwold.

This MAY mean that some of the reagents need to be renamed/regraphic'd to fit in with some reasonable balance.  There are 17 spell casting reagents for OSI/UO Base.  Farming has/had 4, mining has/had 4, fishing had 1 (I think).  Then on Grimm, apothecary has 8 different ones -- keep or change is the question.

I also prefer that we can get reagents directly, not as a "side" effect of gathering another item.  Some of that might not be possible or make sense given the fiction for the item -- however it has a habit of unbalancing the primary item as people try to get enough of the secondary item.

This works fine for mining and farming as they are already implemented as book skills, but want about the others; fishing, lumber jacking and herding.  Fishing could easily be implemented with a new tool and new book skill, as could lumber jacking, but herding is a little harder.  What about a new tool to call "rare animals", like a horn that calls white stags or black goats.
Topic Options