Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A simple leather-bound bundle of parchment.
I need to place these thoughts someplace upon parchment least they escape me. 

We are upon a world where not all is as it seems.. and yet it is exactly what it seems. Were appearance truly does not matter. The wolf sleeps with the raven. 

And the lamb will frolic with the dragon. 

I find myself unable to truly sleep this evening, so much work and so few hands to do it. But I fear for others. So many houses stand with responsibilities to see to their borders and responsibilities yet so oft doing such with so few people. 

Whereas others are seduced by the promise of false words.. and flashy equipment. 

An object has found its way into my possession.. a strange faceted crystal deep purple of color. 

It stands about twelve inches high and approximately one inch wide at the top tapering down to six inches or so in the base. It seems to be designed to be socketed into another object or objects. 

When light passes through it there is an optical filter effect.. and shows some sort of internal fluid mix. 

I've a few ideas on what to test it on, but will need time and sufficient area to work. perhaps I will head to Andus tomorrow an start. 

Katya outdid her self with the gowns she made for Raewyn. as she said this evening she looks beautiful and the colors compliment her greatly. 

There was an expedition into underhill again. this strange snakelike creature.. reminded me of Sylis... I've not seen her in so many days, I grow worried she is not here any longer. 

This.. creature, was able to call forth these stone golems in its own shape. I've lost count how many times I was struck down.. the back of my head still feels the blows. 

We eventually fell the thing.. i'd wish to study it more if there was a possibility but we had to conduct a fighting retreat until all were clear. I fear at how much damage this creature took just to bring it down.. and even when its last drop of sanguine flowed from its veins upon that ancient stone floor. 

Its members.. or followers hat ever you call them felt the death of its .. I'm not sure what to call it, other than Her. and swarmed us as we were trying to exit. 

We managed to exit.. and found ourself in that little village in underhill. The oddest thing happened.. the guards fired arrows at me. I'm still at a loss as to why they did this... They aren't a terribly good shot.. but still. 

I'm fighting sleep, and I'm not sure why. I feel a storm brewing upon the horizon and I've no idea how to weather it... All I can do is protect those I care about and hope 

i fe... The entry is left uncomplete as it appears ink puddled on the bottom corner.
Topic Options