Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Cuivian Chronicle
The Cuivian Chronicle
Summer II

Emlyn Reclaims Border Estates
Upon the walls of Caerleon flies the banner of Emlyn's new royal couple, King Eli and Queen Melinda Dahmut. The last few months have kept the royal couple busy following a rocky start to their reign. Despite this, the monarchs have kept busy tending to their people and their duties to the kingdom and its safety. Most recently, the border estates that had been lost in the war with The Great Northern Army have been reclaimed and stabilized. The victory has seen a wave of relief over the citizens of Caerleon and has proven to be catalyst in the kingdom's recent bloom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Ask Baba Sorina**
Dear Baba:
Let me start by saying that I am an Erling, an entwife. Our memories run as deep as our roots. I still remember the horror that the Thorn King and his Andals brought to this world those many years ago. My friends and family lost their homes, some lost their lives, and we all suffered under his reign. After he vanished, I thought our lives would go back to normal, but I still feel a dread creeping over my body like moss whenever I see a human anymore. Knowing what they are capable of, how can I ever go back to trusting my neighbors? I don't want to live through that fear ever again.
-Terrified in Tarasinau
My dearest Terrified: 
Oh, what a heartbreaking letter it is to find from you! The rule of the Thorn King was a blight upon this world, make no mistake, and those who do nyet remember these events may be doomed to repeat them. I will urge you to remember, a dog may be capable of biting, a horse may throw its rider, but we do not shun these creatures from our lives! So too is it with the humans of this world. They are capable of great evil, dah, but also of great good. I urge you, dear Terrified, to reach out to humans that you know and who are knowing of you, neighbors with shared goals. You will find perhaps that there is more in common than different between you. I do nyet know if you will ever be free of the fear that is gripping your heart, but know that bravery is nyet the absence of fear. It is standing like the mightiest yew tree in the storms of wickedness. And a lone tree is nyet so sturdy as a forest. Reach out, make allies, ensure the memory is nyet lost in the younger peoples, and together we may prevent future pain. Wishing you neither fluff nor feather!
-Baba Sorina
(Do you have need of sage advice or help with dealing with a most troublesome predicament? Send an anonymous letter to Baba Sorina for help and have it published in the next issue!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+The Grapevine+

+Loud, angry shouts were heard near The Elysium but no deaths reported, leading locals to speculate wildly.
+A red haired aelfyn man was caught kissing a dryad at a recent ball held in Tarasinau. Later, a spat broke out in which a raven eyed woman slapped the red haired man!
+Sources say that Meissa has set up curious traps around the library in hopes to gain control of their pest predicament.

Recipe of the Week
Baked White Fish
2 cod or tilapia
1 handful of pine nuts
1 half-handful of stinky cheese
3 cloves of garlic
3 pinches of basil paste
Chop pine nuts and garlic finely, then mix with basil paste and cheese. Spread mixture over the fillets and bake for about 15 minutes. Serve this hot!
(Submitted by Finna of Karrandal)
Topic Options