Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Journey in Nature ( As Written by Asleaf)
Every journey starts with a single step. 

That Step for me was hard and Wobbly. Why you ask well I'm a pile of leaves. I've never inhabited a body before. I couldn't tell you what was up, left or right but I knew down. Down was a crisp Autumn morning where the frost was first forming on my beloved mother tree. Her leaves where that of amber and gold and I was amongst the first few hundred leaves to float gently down to the ground below. 

I landed in a somewhat undignified fashion in mud where lots of crawling ants scurrying around abouts gathering the debris from some of my unfortunate brothers and sisters. I needed that same crisp breeze to pick me up again and move me from them some where safe and dry so I could mulch in peace. You know something a good leaf would do, not that those who became ant food weren't good leaves, just they seemed to be gone before seeing another summer.  That  was , sorry is my goal. To see one more summer, to feel the warm sun on my leaves again would bring joy into my crispy veins. 

I mean after all what else can but a humble leaf ask for? To feel joy like that on a daily basis all life has a right to grow and spread. And I needed that air so, so very much just even to lift me up just a inch so I could feel my beloved mother trees bark once more. I wasn't going to ask for much, really. What is the use in being greedy it's not my way. Take too much water and become too frail and fall too soon, my mother used to whisper to me. I listened I lasted till the middle of Autumn.
Topic Options