Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Notes (NPC Armies in Game)
Mith, this is not a complete thought, but rather a series of thoughts that will need negotiation.

Terms
Faction - UO Faction/Guild
Team - RPCSS team
Player - means the account
Character - means one of 5 characters slots on the account

Accounts vs Players
Currently we are connecting RPCSS accounts to the UO Accounts, this means that a player can only be in ONE team, not just only LEAD one team.  I think this is probably the only realistic way to do it because otherwise a player could get all the rumors from five different teams and that might just be too tempting.  If this is the way we are going to do it, let me know so I can update the rules which are not clear.

Characters in Guilds
On the other hand, CHARACTERS have to be identified by their RPCSS team or we can't do any of the faction flagging and stuff.  Can that be handled in UO with guild stones?

When do armies attack
  • I think that if a character runs across an army and the character is in an enemy the army champ spawn will pop unless some type of disguise or permission slip.
  • What if the character is neutral, but not allied, nor at war do the champ spawn mobs attack or not?
  • Do armies operate differently in the capitals (aka strongholds/castles) or are they the same as in the wild?  Part of me wonders if we should consider some other ways of doing this.
Armies don't attack unless they are attacked, if they are attacked by anyone regardless of faction they respond, but once activated only target enemies or those that attack them.

Hexes marked as strong holds or castles always have some sort of guards even if the army is not in the hex.  Guards attack known enemies on sight unless disguised or permission slip, but if a member of the faction ACTIVATES the guards by calling guards it will attack both enemies and neutral.  Or maybe it should be "guards enemies" or "guards defend".

Where "guards defend" spawn guards all around the faction member who called them, but the mobs don't target until a fight breaks out against the faction member.

What happens if the army is additionally in the city (hex with stronghold) and a character is there and wants to activate them?  

Goals:
One of the advantages of having RPCSS is having some actual in game authority to respond to threats with NPC forces or we are back to this disconnect of "guilds are only as strong as their player base is" ... I think that if a character goes into another teams town and get hostile with the faction members, those faction members should be able to activate the npc forces to stand with them.

On the other hand we don't want to completely eliminate the chance for enemies to come to events and RP, so we need to think about it.
Topic Options