Sanctuary Shard Forums
A Tale of Sun and Moon - The Sun - Printable Version

+- Sanctuary Shard Forums (http://forums.sanctuaryshard.com)
+-- Forum: Story Boards (http://forums.sanctuaryshard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Collaborative Stories (http://forums.sanctuaryshard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: A Tale of Sun and Moon - The Sun (/showthread.php?tid=1546)

A Tale of Sun and Moon - The Sun - Eli Dahmut - 05-02-2021

Chapter 1, A New Beginning 

Eli was lost to his family with no clear picture of how or why. He knows his strong values of being honorable and compassionate. He has seen and learned at an early age that magic is not good or evil, and that the caster is the person that makes the perception for others. He had stayed at the Shoe for a very long time and he knew it was time leave Summer Isle.

He doesn’t know the clear history of his family of who they were or what they did. The things that’s in him today that drives him had to have come from his parents. He sets out with wisdom and knowledge to write a few chapters in the history books.

Current Day

Eli sets out from The Shoe with his few things that fits in his pack and about 400 gold in his purse. Wearing his favorite mouse colored robes, cloak and misshapen wizards hat he sets foot on the road to Evervale. A gentle breeze blows, the sun is shining and feels good putting him in exceptionally good spirits. He had found his way to the local tavern and sat down and heard other men talking of their day and adventures. Being a good student, he treated this like all the other times at The Shoe and he listened to every word. His magic was weak, his skills not even of a jounreyman, how is he going to make a living? Listening to more of the daily conversations he learned that no one enjoyed making bandages and that they would rather pay for them than make the bandages themselves.

Going out in the areas as he had seen before but never really ventured began he took in a deep breath and began. One of the locals pointed him to where plump sheep could be found and he picked what he thought would be a few good choices. He learned a lot about life and death and it became more real to him and followed the tradesman's advice and very soon was making bandages from the wool of the sheep. After one particularly long day he cleans up and returns with a little more gold and very hungry.

He went and changed out of his clothes, cleaned up, visited the banker and deposited what little coin he earned. His stomach indicated that getting by on the small rations wouldn't cut it this day. Even though it is just midday, its thirsty work to work wool and sheep and midday felt like it was night time and utterly exhausted. Sitting at the counter he beckons to the cook and sees a woman learning her craft perhaps at cooking. The woman offers him some fresh baked bread and looking back at the cook, with a shrug of his shoulders goes back to work. Looking back at the woman with the generous offer he felt something about this encounter and kindly declined.

Ordering some cooked bird and a pitcher of wine after the already long day he began to work on forgetting the day and start over again tomorrow. The next day he listens to the men and the things they talk about. They really talked about a lot of things I had only heard from sailors and other passing cutthroats. I had listened and the locals mentioned her name was Melinda and still, I waited for a introduction. It was time for adventure and seek out the lands on the map I have make a name of my own. I heard about a very interesting place Drökkburg. 

I took a chance when I met Melinda and saw the eyes of other men. Being raised with a strong background of virtues this was what I felt a test. I looked on her and saw an innocent doe that a man would take advantage of her naivety. In the back of my mind I remember the men talking and the girls that come and gone from The Shoe... Do I act like a man, or be a real man? I enjoyed our conversation, her demeanor and her innocence. Still, something else from all the virtues nagged at me and a voice in the back of my mind says this is a lesson to be learned. I offered her to stay with me in the newly rented home in Drökkburg. I offered her the largest space and felt safe as the cook and bartender in Evervale said that she was a sweet young woman. What did I have to lose? Nothing. 

Who knows what the future holds. I think the best way to have the best result is to reference back to the virtues the best I can.

RE: A Tale of Sun and Moon - The Sun - Eli Dahmut - 05-22-2021

(05-02-2021, 04:34 PM)Eli Dahmut Wrote: Chapter 1, A New Beginning 

Eli was lost to his family with no clear picture of how or why. He knows his strong values of being honorable and compassionate. He has seen and learned at an early age that magic is not good or evil, and that the caster is the person that makes the perception for others. He had stayed at the Shoe for a very long time and he knew it was time leave Summer Isle.

He doesn’t know the clear history of his family of who they were or what they did. The things that’s in him today that drives him had to have come from his parents. He sets out with wisdom and knowledge to write a few chapters in the history books.

Current Day

Eli sets out from The Shoe with his few things that fits in his pack and about 400 gold in his purse. Wearing his favorite mouse colored robes, cloak and misshapen wizards hat he sets foot on the road to Evervale. A gentle breeze blows, the sun is shining and feels good putting him in exceptionally good spirits. He had found his way to the local tavern and sat down and heard other men talking of their day and adventures. Being a good student, he treated this like all the other times at The Shoe and he listened to every word. His magic was weak, his skills not even of a journeyman, how is he going to make a living? Listening to more of the daily conversations he learned that no one enjoyed making bandages and that they would rather pay for them than make the bandages themselves.

Going out in the areas as he had seen before but never really ventured began he took in a deep breath and began. One of the locals pointed him to where plump sheep could be found and he picked what he thought would be a few good choices. He learned a lot about life and death and it became more real to him and followed the tradesman's advice and very soon was making bandages from the wool of the sheep. After one particularly long day he cleans up and returns with a little more gold and very hungry.

He went and changed out of his clothes, cleaned up, visited the banker and deposited what little coin he earned. His stomach indicated that getting by on the small rations wouldn't cut it this day. Even though it is just midday, its thirsty work to work wool and sheep and midday felt like it was night time and utterly exhausted. Sitting at the counter he beckons to the cook and sees a woman learning her craft perhaps at cooking. The woman offers him some fresh baked bread and looking back at the cook, with a shrug of his shoulders goes back to work. Looking back at the woman with the generous offer he felt something about this encounter and kindly declined.

Ordering some cooked bird and a pitcher of wine after the already long day he began to work on forgetting the day and start over again tomorrow. The next day he listens to the men and the things they talk about. They really talked about a lot of things I had only heard from sailors and other passing cutthroats. I had listened and the locals mentioned her name was Melinda and still, I waited for a introduction. It was time for adventure and seek out the lands on the map I have make a name of my own. I heard about a very interesting place Drökkburg. 

I took a chance when I met Melinda and saw the eyes of other men. Being raised with a strong background of virtues this was what I felt a test. I looked on her and saw an innocent doe that a man would take advantage of her naivety. In the back of my mind I remember the men talking and the girls that come and gone from The Shoe... Do I act like a man, or be a real man? I enjoyed our conversation, her demeanor and her innocence. Still, something else from all the virtues nagged at me and a voice in the back of my mind says this is a lesson to be learned. I offered her to stay with me in the newly rented home in Drökkburg. I offered her the largest space and felt safe as the cook and bartender in Evervale said that she was a sweet young woman. What did I have to lose? Nothing. 

Who knows what the future holds. I think the best way to have the best result is to reference back to the virtues the best I can.

Chapter 2, Fate

I am glad that Melinda accepted my offer to stay with me. Something in the back of mind that tells me she is the key to everything. Why would I have a thought like that enter my mind? As I sit and read of the virtues, the Thorn King and more history I decide to try these virtues and follow what's in my mind. I've done fairly well earning some coin and the house is bare. Honesty, Trustworthy is a virtue and I set a new task for Melinda, if she accepts. What are her motives, what does she want? This world as I know it owes nothing, and we must make our own way. Doing this alone is surely to make this a failure. I go to the bank and get a check and hand it to her. It is of no paltry amount and ask her to setup the house. 

Again, what do I have to lose except 10,000 or 12,000 gold note? The master mage Farrah calls on me to work and I also go out to assist with town patrols which also helps earn some coin and gain favor in the guild. I was making some good coin on my own and I decided to introduce her to Farrah as she always seems to have some apprentice type work and she pays pretty well. I decided to sit with Melinda after introducing her and we began to help with simple tasks that were beneath Farrah's station.

One particular evening I came back and was hungry and Melinda had decided to share her cooking skills. The meal was better than expected and I just listened as she talked about her day and I added in hopes she would be more comfortable. I decided to keep a little bit of distance and made sure she was getting settled into the largest room in the house and that she was happy. Why am I doing this? Something big is going to happen. I have no idea of what the next day holds. I had traveled back to Evervale and run into Arnau and Melinda. I had my own tasks and in our friendly exchange of words Arnau gave me a single red dragon scale. My mind was looking back to Melinda and I don't remember what we really talked about. Getting my gear together I head out to patrol a little ways outside Evervale. 

After a short distance I come across the regular bandit hangouts and send them back bleeding. Making a simple camp, bandaging some simple wounds and eating I make my up a little more as I had noticed some orc tracks a little ways from where the bandits were. Casting some defensive spells and getting ready I can feel that the orcs are near. There wasn't any birds, foxes, sheep, nothing. The hair on my neck went straight up. Taking some daggers and putting them together I cast the spell that summons a spirit for the blades. I point the blade spirits to where I suspect and it seeks out the evil nearby dispatching an orc as I hear it cry out. I begin to cast fireballs as quickly as possible and I have to retreat as the number of orcs are increasing! I manage to get a couple more of the blades casted and they seek out evil once more. From out of nowhere a hurtling rock on fire hits me in the head! My wizards hat is singed, and cast quickly and start to retreat when I see there is no way out. An orc begins to cast a spell while others surround me. I feel my mind become feeble, my mouth can't say the words to the spell in my mind and I am stabbed over and over. I use all my strength to summon a elemental to my aid with my last breath and I stumble bleeding and come across Arnau? I stumble and land flat on my face and reach up asking Arnau for help. Is my mind playing tricks on me and I see Melinda? I wake up some days later in the care of the master healer and continue to stay under his care for almost a week.